|The program will:• Build a strong base of knowledge in the field of criminal justice and provide academic and practical, skills-based exposure to the overall criminal justice-related fields (law enforcement, courts, corrections, security and loss prevention).
• Prepare students for entry-level employment in public/ private criminal justice related organizations
• Assist students in the development of critical thinking and problem solving skills, and the ability to conceptualize ideas
• Expose students to courses in computation, communications, and human relations, and will assist students in developing an understanding and appreciation for diversity, social responsibility, and the participation in public affairs
• Provide opportunities for higher education and training for criminal justice professionals via regional training courses, and through online or independent study courses
• Serve those students seeking a career in criminal justice and/or planning to pursue an education beyond the associate’s level
|Careers||Skills and traits|