Upon completion of the program the student will be able to:
- Students will build a strong knowledge base in the field of Agriculture/Equine Science and practical skilled-based exposure in its related industries (Animal Sciences, Equine Sciences, Range and Soil Sciences, Business and Marketing).
- The course of study in Agribusiness Technology: Equitation Option will give the student the opportunity to demonstrate knowledge, skills, attitudes, and practical experiences for entry-level employment or self-employment in the equine and agricultural industry segments.
- Serve those students seeking a career in Equine Studies and Agriculture and/or planning to pursue an education beyond the associate’s level.
- Expose students to courses in computation, communications, and human relations, and will assist students in developing an understanding and appreciation for diversity, social responsibility and the participation in public affairs.
- Provide students with opportunities for practical experience in the Agriculture/Equine Industry via internships, fieldwork, and skills-based course offerings.
- Assist students in the development of critical thinking and problem-solving skills, and the ability to conceptualize ideas.
- Serve those students seeking a career as an Equine Professional by providing in-depth and practical skills-based exposure to the equine training and sciences component of Agriculture.