The Correctional Officer Certificate is designed to provide students with a foundation of knowledge in the field of corrections and the institutionalization of criminal offenders. The certificate program prepares students for entry level employment in both public and private correctional or detention facilities.
This program will:
• Help students build a strong base of knowledge in the field of corrections
• Prepare students for entry-level employment in public and private corrections-related organizations
• Assist students in the development of critical thinking and problem solving skills, and the ability to conceptualize ideas
• Expose students to courses in computation, communication, and human relations, and will assist students in developing an understanding and appreciation for diversity, social responsibility and the participation in public affairs
• Serve those students seeking a career in corrections by providing in-depth and practical skills based exposure to the corrections component of criminal justice
Careers: Correctional Officer, Corrections Officer (CO), Jailer, Detention Deputy, Detention Officer, Correctional Sergeant, Deputy Jailer, Booking Officer, Jailor, Public Safety Officer, Sergeant, Correctional Sergeant, Correctional Officer Sergeant, Lieutenant Corrections Sergeant, Correctional Officer Lieutenant, Shift Supervisor, Captain, Correctional Officer Captain, Correctional Supervisor.
Program Costs for 2012-13:
Tuition/Fees: $3,082.50 In-District; $4,245 Out-of-District; $5,655 WUE; $9,135 Out-of-State; $7,057.50 Canadian Exchange
On-Campus Room/Board: $3,500
Other: Course Fee $27
Job placement rates: Not available as these are not required by the state of Montana or the Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities.
To protect student privacy, data on completion rates and debt incurred is not provided for those programs that had less than 10 graduates.