DAWSON COMMUNITY COLLEGE
COLLEGE PRESIDENT PROCEDURES CP 2-26
APPROVED: November 25, 2013 EFFECTIVE: November 25, 2013
REFERENCES: BP 2-26
SELECTION OF ADMINISTRATIVE STAFF
1. The position description will be developed or revised by the College President.
2. The position will be posted internally for a period of one full work-week. If qualified,
internal applicants are received, the President will determine if external advertisement
3. If no internal applications are received by the first work day of the second week or if
internal applications are determined by the President to be unqualified, vacancy
announcements will be published in appropriate newspapers and professional journals,
and mailed to the local Job Service Office, and placement offices at select colleges and
universities. The selection of additional posting methods will be made by the President.
4. Applications are to be sent to the Human Resources office where they will be screened
for completeness and compliance with minimum position qualifications and experience.
An application file will be considered as complete when it includes:
5. Prospective applicants will be notified of the completeness of their application, and will
continue to receive notifications of their status throughout the search process.
SEARCH AND SCREENING COMMITTEE MEMBERSHIP
The search and screening committee will be appointed by the President.
SEARCH AND SCREENING COMMITTEE PROCEDURES
• The search and screening committee will reduce the applicants to no more than five (5)
finalists by comparing the position requirements with each individual’s application file.
• The top finalists will be identified and scheduled for an on-campus interview.
• The committee will utilize a prescribed and consistent format. Oral and/or written
questions will be designed by the committee according to the particular requirements of
the vacant position and approved by the Human Resources Director. The same
questions will be used for all applicants for the position.
• The Human Resources Director and Search Committee Chair will call for references. The
final applicant(s) will be forwarded to the President (not prioritized) by the committee
chairman. After a review of the finalists, the President will consult with the committee
chairman regarding the finalists.
• The successful applicant will be contacted by the President to arrive at an acceptable
salary and benefit package, and to make arrangements for beginning employment.
• The Human Resources office will notify all applicants of the results of the search.
SCOPE These procedures apply to Dawson Community College.
History: 03/22/04; 07/26/10