|The Engineering Technology program prepares students for employment in the growing technical fields associated with engineering, construction, oil-development, as well as power generation and transfer.|
|Upon successful completion of their plan of study, students will be able to:
• Communicate technical information, in both oral and written fashion, with members of the public as well as other technical professions.
• Evaluate technical documents and communications for accuracy and completion.
• Safely perform basic field-work, including accurate recording of actions taken in the field.
• Create and interpret basic scaled field diagrams and schematics.
• Manage financial and personnel resources for technical projects.
• Understand ethical responsibilities involved with the construction and engineering professions.
• Pursue employment opportunities as an engineering technician for many local industries.
|Careers||Skills and traits|