POSITION: Temporary Part-time Maintenance Technician (Dorms)
DEPARTMENT: Physical Plant
ACCOUNTABLE TO: Director of Physical Plant
SUMMARY OF WORK: Position provides for safe, clean, environment at the dorms. Cleans and sanitizes designated areas.
Nature of Work: This position performs skilled manual labor duties requiring attention to cleanliness and safety of buildings. Position works mainly indoors during Summer months cleaning and painting in the dorms; occasionally works outdoors to paint and maintain grounds around the dorms.
Personal Contacts: Frequent contact with students and staff.
Supervision Received: Daily supervision and assignment of tasks from the Maintenance Engineer or Director of the Physical Plant.
Supervision Exercised: None
Essential Functions: Position requires ability to: clean, operate floor cleaning equipment, remove garbage, scrub, dust, vacuum, mop, paint, move furniture, change light bulbs, unload and stock supplies, lock and secure buildings. Position requires visual acuity to inspect designated areas, record keeping skills and ability to communicate.
AREAS OF JOB ACCOUNTABILITY AND PERFORMANCE:
Routine cleaning of facility includes:
• Cleans, vacuums, shampoos, and mops assigned floor areas to maintain cleanliness, sanitation and appearance.
• Washes inside and outside of windows.
• Cleans washrooms, showers, and toilets to maintain sanitary facility.
• Removes trash daily in all areas and clean garbage cans as needed.
• Empties and cleans ash cans.
• Cleans housekeeping equipment, tools, and carts, etc.
• Dusts furniture, file cabinets, tables, dressers, etc. daily.
• Performs other cleaning duties as assigned.
Major cleaning of facility includes:
• Washes walls, ceilings and furniture.
• Shampoos and repairs carpets.
Minor repairs of facility include:
• Removing or repair damage caused by vandalism.
• Adjusts window drapes, wall hangings, etc.
• Maintains adequate supplies for duties required daily.
Maintains campus buildings:
• Paints and repairs the interior and exterior of buildings. Paints contents of buildings, as needed.
• Assists in the inspection cleaning and maintenance of roof and ceiling fans.
Maintenance of grounds and roadways: None
• Keeps accurate records regarding cleaning and maintenance performed.
• Attends meetings when requested.
• Moves and arranges College equipment and property.
• Practices energy conservation.
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
Knowledge: This position requires knowledge of: cleaning procedures, equipment, and chemicals.
Skills: This position requires skills in cleaning and use of: cleaning equipment, mops, brushes and power equipment.
Abilities: This position requires the ability to: take pride in work; follow established safety procedures; communicate effectively; follow verbal and written instructions; establish effective working relationships with fellow employees, supervisors, and the public. Maintain a positive “can do” attitude.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
The above knowledge, skills, and abilities are typically acquired through a combination of education and experience equivalent to:
• High School diploma
• Experience in custodial and basic maintenance work.
JOB PERFORMANCE STANDARDS:
Evaluation of this position will be based primarily upon performance of the preceding requirements and duties. Examples of job performance criteria include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Performs assigned duties.
• Capably cleans and sanitizes assigned areas.
• Provides for a secure and locked building.
• Capably paints and performs light repairs and maintenance as required.
• Assists to provide a well groomed look to the grounds.
• Follows safety precautions in dealing with equipment and chemicals.
• Maintains accurate and timely records.
• Deals tactfully and courteously with the public.
• Observes work hours.
• Demonstrates punctuality.
• Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with fellow employees, supervisors and the public.
COMPLETED APPLICATION PACKET MUST INCLUDE:
• Current resume
• Cover Letter
• Three professional reference (names, addresses, and phone numbers).
INQUIRES MAY BE DIRECTED TO:
Jim LeProwse, Director of Physical Plant
Human Resources Department
Qualified protected class individuals are encouraged to apply. Dawson Community College must comply with the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986. If hired, you will be required to provide documents to show your identity and authorization to work.
Nondiscrimination Policy: Pursuant to title VI of the Civil Right Act, Title IX of the Education Amendment, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act, Executive order 11246 as amended, Vietnam Era and Disabled Veterans Act, as amended, and the Montana State Human Right Act - Dawson Community College has a policy of nondiscrimination in employment practices and in admissions, access to and conduct of educational programs and activities. Discrimination is prohibited on the basis of race, sex, color, national origin, religion, age, handicap, or marital status or parental status. Any student, employee, or applicant for admission or employment may file a discrimination grievance. Inquiries or grievances should be directed to the Equal Opportunity Director in TC106, phone: 1-800-821-8320.