POSITION: Women’s Basketball Head Coach/Sports Information Director
DEPARTMENT: Instruction and Student Services
ACCOUNTABLE TO: Director of Intercollegiate Athletics
SUMMARY OF WORK: Fulltime position to serve as head coach for the Women’s Basketball program and perform other duties related to sports information.
AREAS OF JOB ACCOUNTABILITY AND PERFORMANCE:
• Perform all coaching duties necessary for maintaining a competitive women’s basketball program.
• Be capable of motivating, teaching, and supervising students
• Schedule and maintain office hours as required by College policy.
• Assist with advisement and registration of students.
• Attend faculty meetings, commencements, and other special meetings called by the Dawson Community College administration.
• Maintain a professional relationship with students and peers.
• Perform other duties as assigned by the Director of Intercollegiate Athletics.
• Assist in recruitment of student athletes.
• Coordinate local and national media for the Department of Athletics working closely with the College’s Marketing Committee to ensure a consistent unified message for the College.
• Maintain the Athletic Department website.
• Write game recaps and feature stories in AP Style on students, initiatives, or other important Department news, and distribute to media.
• Create and manage Department-wide social media campaign in collaboration with the Coordinator of Enrollment Management.
• Upload statistics to NJCAA website for home games, work with each Head Coach to coordinate statistics and proper reporting for away games.
• Coordinate and/or take photographs for Department and College use.
• Work with Head Coaches to nominate players and teams for sport, conference and regional awards, polls, honors and special recognition.
• Create up-to-date game day programs for all home events.
• Coordinate team media guides with assistance from the Head Coaches.
• Enhance game-day atmosphere through music, event marketing, and promotions.
• Assist with game film exchange and manage DCC Athletics Department film archiving.
• Maintain list of Department individual and team performance records.
• Collaborate closely with the DCC Marketing Committee and the Coordinator of Enrollment Management.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor’s Degree required
• A minimum of five (5) years coaching experience at the high school or collegiate level
• Master’s Degree
• Head coaching experience coaching in a NJCAA D1 level program or higher
• Experience coaching at a National Championship Tournament
COMPLETED APPLICATION PACKET MUST INCLUDE:
• Completed Dawson Community College application
• Current resume
• Cover Letter
• Copies of college transcripts
• Three professional references (names, addresses, and phone numbers).
INQUIRIES MAY BE DIRECTED TO:
Qualified protected class individuals are encouraged to apply. Dawson Community College must comply with the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986. If hired, you will be required to provide documents to show your identity and authorization to work.
Nondiscrimination Policy: Pursuant to title VI of the Civil Rights Act, Title IX of the Education Amendment, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act, Executive Order 11246 as amended, Vietnam Era and Disabled Veterans Act, as amended, and the Montana State Human Rights Act, Dawson Community College has a policy of nondiscrimination in employment practices and in admissions, access to and conduct of educational programs and activities. Discrimination is prohibited on the basis of race, sex, color, national origin, religion, age, handicap, or marital status or parental status. Any student, employee, or applicant for admission or employment may file a discrimination grievance. Inquires or grievances should be directed to the Equal Opportunity Director or phone 1-406-377-3396.