EASTERN MONTANA COMMUNITY MENTAL HEALTH CENTER
SUBSTANCE ABUSE / DEPENDENCY SERVICES
2508 Wilson – P. O. Box 1530
Miles City, MT 59301
Phone: (406) 234-1687 ~ Fax: (406) 234-4039
February 11, 2013
Dear Montana Licensed Addiction Counselor programs:
I am writing to inform you that EMCMHC/SADS currently has two opening for LAC’s or LACA’s. We have one opening in our Miles City office and one in our Wolf Point office. EMCMHC/SADS is a progressive program using “Best Practice” treatment methods including the Matrix Model and Prime for Life Program. We cover a vast area and use telemedicine to bring or treatment program to the frontier area. Duties and qualifications are listed below.
The Chemical Dependency Counselor is directly responsible to the Program Director.
1. To provide professional services in the area of outpatient counseling, evaluation, intervention,, networking, and prevention / education in accordance with the policies and procedures established by the State Chemical Dependency Program.
2. To maintain the quotas set for chemical dependency counselors by Agency Administration.
3. To perform evaluations and intake assessments of new clients.
4. To participate in consultation, treatment planning, and referral activities.
5. To provide individual, group, and family counseling when appropriate.(Will require evening groups)
6. To provide crisis intervention to clients and their families.
7. To participate in networking, and prevention and education activities.
8. To work as part of the Agency Therapeutic Team.
9. To maintain required standards in all client records and in all paperwork.
10. To obey all Federal and State Laws governing professional confidentiality.
11. To participate in all in-service and other training activities as provided.
12. To conduct DUI / Prime for Life (ACT) Montana Court School including education, testing, and biopsychosocial evaluation.
13. To conduct Prime for Life (MIP) School, including education, testing, and biopsychosocial evaluation (when required).
14. To provide referrals to other community resources when appropriate.
15. To continue personal / professional development as a chemical dependency counselor.
16. To be aware of, and adhere to, EMCMHC / SADS policies and procedures.
17. To use all State, Agency, and personal resources to enhance personal and professional development.
18. To perform all other duties assigned by the Program Director or Administration.