Under general supervision, responsible for moderately complex engineering drafting activities including drawing change management, electronic CAD archive management and specialized hybrid raster/vector editing of drawings. Works with regular guidance in own area of knowledge.
1. Prepares moderately complex engineering drawing work packages and coordinates drawing change control with PPL Montana engineering staff.
2. Coordinates that management of all electronic CAD drawing archives. Maintains revision control and access to the information in these archives. Performs routine drawing audits to ensure accuracy of information being stored in these archives.
3. Coordinate and maintains standard plotting conventions for PPL Montana plotting devices. Maintains online repository of plotting standards to be used by engineering staff.
4. Prepares moderately complex CAD hybrid raster / vector drawings in support of the change management process. Builds knowledge in the are of raster editing techniques to support engineering drafting.
5. Operates printing / plotting devices and utilizes corporate engineering drawing management software to provide engineering drafting support.
6. Assists in deployment of AutoCAD standards and AutoCAD software throughout PPL Montana.
7. Solves a range of moderately complex engineering drawing related problems or issues. Analyzes possible solutions and assesses each using standard procedures.
8. Builds knowledge of the organization processes, customers and specific departmental work guidelines to provide exceptional drafting support for the business.