Agribusiness Technology - Equitation Option
|The equitation option is provided for students who have an interest in working in general agriculture and first and foremost the horse industry. The equine industry is growing and ever changing. The A.A.S. degree is intended to provide basic, practical, and theoretical grounds from which they can choose a field in the industry. Students work with young horses to acquire knowledge and skills in horsemanship, training, safe horse handling, and husbandry. Furthermore, a background in general agriculture is added to make for a very well rounded individual in knowledge that is important in livestock, feeds, range condition, business and marketing. The program is also designed for students who plan to pursue an advanced university degree in the field.
Upon completion of the program the student will be able to:
- Students will build a strong knowledge base in the field of Agriculture/Equine Science and practical skilled-based exposure in its related industries (Animal Sciences, Equine Sciences, Range and Soil Sciences, Business and Marketing).
- The course of study in Agribusiness Technology: Equitation Option will give the student the opportunity to demonstrate knowledge, skills, attitudes, and practical experiences for entry-level employment or self-employment in the equine and agricultural industry segments.
- Serve those students seeking a career in Equine Studies and Agriculture and/or planning to pursue an education beyond the associate’s level.
- Expose students to courses in computation, communications, and human relations, and will assist students in developing an understanding and appreciation for diversity, social responsibility and the participation in public affairs.
- Provide students with opportunities for practical experience in the Agriculture/Equine Industry via internships, fieldwork, and skills-based course offerings.
- Assist students in the development of critical thinking and problem-solving skills, and the ability to conceptualize ideas.
- Serve those students seeking a career as an Equine Professional by providing in-depth and practical skills-based exposure to the equine training and sciences component of Agriculture.
||Skills and traits