DAWSON COMMUNITY COLLEGE
COLLEGE PRESIDENT PROCEDURES CP 2-24
APPROVED: September 27, 2010
EFFECTIVE: September 27, 2010
REFERENCES: BP 2-24
1. The current position description will be reviewed by the Board of Trustees and revised,
as deemed relevant.
2. The vacancy announcement will be published in appropriate newspapers and
professional journals, and mailed to the local Job Services Office, and placement offices
at select colleges and universities. The selection of additional posting methods will be
made by the Board of Trustees.
3. Applications are to be sent to the President’s office where they will be screened for
completeness and compliance with minimum position qualifications and experience. An
application file will be considered as complete when it includes:
• A letter of application
• The college application form
• A resume
• A copy of college transcripts (unofficial) – official copies required prior to
issuance of first contract
• The names, addresses, and phone numbers of five professional references
• Credential Verification form 4. Prospective applicants will be notified of the
completeness of their application, and will continue to receive notifications of their
status throughout the search process.
SEARCH AND SCREENING COMMITTEE MEMBERSHIP
The search and screening committee may include representatives of the Board of Trustees, faculty, classified staff, students administrators and community members. The committee shall be appointed by the Chairman of the Board of Trustees after consulting appropriate constituent groups. The Chairman of the Board shall serve as chairman of the search and screening committee. The Board shall retain the prerogative of approving or disapproving the search committee for the President.
SEARCH AND SCREENING COMMITTEE PROCEDURES
1. The first phase of the process will reduce the number of applicants to a manageable
number by comparing the position requirements with each individual’s application file.
2. The committee will conduct a telephone interview with each of the candidates identified
in step 1 above. Upon completion of this phase, the top finalists will identified and
scheduled for an on-campus interview.
3. In all interviews (whether telephone or in person), the committee will utilize a
prescribed and consistent format. Oral and/or written questions will be designed by the
committee according to the requirements of the position. The same questions will be
used for all applicants for the position.
4. The Chairman and other designated committee members will cooperatively call for
references. The final applicant(s) will be forwarded to the Board of Trustees by the
Chairman. After a review of the finalists, the Chairman of the Board will contact the
successful applicant to arrive at an acceptable salary and benefit package, and to make
arrangements for beginning employment.
5. The President’s office will notify all applicants of the results of the search.
APPOINTMENT OF AN ACTING PRESIDENT
When it becomes necessary to designate an acting President, the Board of Trustees, with input from appropriate constituent groups, shall make such an appointment.
SCOPE These procedures apply to Dawson Community College.