Recommended jpeg sizes:
8”x10”: 300 dpi = 2400x3000 pixels
11”x14”: 300 dpi = 3300x4200 pixels
Recommended video length: 1-5 minutes
1. All Dawson Community College Students and Employees are eligible to enter.
2. Photographs and videos must be shot by the entrant since January 1, 2012.
3. All photographs and videos must be original and taken by the entrant.
4. Each entrant may submit up to three photographs in any of the three categories.
5. Each entrant may submit up to one video in each of the four categories.
6. All photographs and videos must be submitted in digital format.
7. Copyright Compliance: the video entrant must get permissions from the creator or publisher for the use of audio and/or video clips to avoid copyright infringement.
8. All entries must be submitted between March 1 and April 15.
9. All photos must be entered into one of the category descriptions.
10. No photos may be offensive or inappropriate. Any photo deemed inappropriate will be rejected at the discretion of the jurors.
Activities & People: This category focuses on sports, theater, clubs, community service, dorm life, friends, memories, laughs, classroom, office, other activities, events, a day in the life associated with DCC as well as the people that make it happen. Photos in this category may be edited for artistic purposes, but may not misrepresent the subject.
Landscape & Still Life: This category focuses on nature and objects, especially the local terrain or objects that represent something meaningful to the photographer. Photos in this category may be edited for artistic purposes, but may not misrepresent the subject.
Photo Fantasy: This category focuses on creative photography of any subject matter that has been freely manipulated for artistic purposes.
Copyright Compliance: the video entrant must get permissions from the creator or publisher for the use of audio and/or video clips to avoid copyright infringement.
Photos will be printed and mounted or framed by the photo contest committee for display from April 15 - May 3. Additionally, all contest entries will be featured in the online DCC Photo Gallery.
Videos will be displayed on monitors from April 15 - May 3. Additionally, all contest video entries may be featured in the online DCC Photo Gallery.
Awards: There will be Grand Prize, Peoples Choice and Category winners for both students and employees in Still Photography and Video. These awards will be presented at the Associated Student Body (ASB) Banquet on May 1, 2013
*Please note: By entering the photo and video contest, entrants grant the Dawson Community College a royalty-free license to display, distribute, reproduce and create derivative works of the entries, in whole or in part, in any media now existing or subsequently developed, for any educational, promotional, publicity, exhibition, archival, scholarly and all other standard DCC purposes. Any photograph or video reproduced will include a credit as feasible. The college will not be required to pay any additional consideration or seek any additional approval in connection with such uses.
*In the event that you are honored with the opportunity to contribute your talents and vision to various DCC publications, you may be asked to provide a model release form.