Dawson Community College is currently conducting a strategic planning process to develop a shared vision for the College derived from its mission, “to provide affordable and open access to quality teaching and learning.” Through the strategic planning process, the College will set goals in each of the following areas:
- prepare students for transfer to four-year institutions after graduating from DCC;
- prepare students to enter technical fields or trades after graduating from DCC;
- help students who are not ready for college-level learning develop necessary skills and competencies;
- provide continuing education opportunities, workforce training, and community services;
- providing relevant student services and non-academic programs (including intercollegiate athletics); and
- ensure the College’s facilities and infrastructure support its mission.