Physical Education

A student majoring in physical education may pursue work as a K-12 teacher, a recreation director, fitness trainer, athletic coach, sports trainer, or in other related fields. When planning to transfer to a baccalaureate institution students should check specific requirements at the school of their choice and include selection of a minor area of study along with a physical education major. DCC has an articulation agreement in Education with MSU-Billings. The Associate of Arts and Associate of Science are transfer degrees and are awarded without designation of major, but do follow curriculum transfer plans.  These degrees indicate that a student has completed a course of study that is essentially equivalent to the first two years of a baccalaureate degree.

PLEASE NOTE: When selecting courses, students should consult the catalog of the school to which they intend to transfer.  They should then work with their DCC advisor to assure that the proper classes are being taken at DCC.  Together, the student and the advisor will select courses that will fit into the program at the transfer institution.

Suggested CoursesCredits
BIOB160Principles of Living Systems3
BIOB161Principles of Living Systems Lab1
BIOB170Principles of Biological Diversity3
BIOB171Principles of Biological Diversity Lab1
BIOH201Human Anatomy/Physiology I3
BIOH202Human Anatomy/Physiology I Lab1
BIOH211Human Anatomy/Physiology II3
BIOH212Human Anatomy/Physiology II Lab1
CD231Drugs, Pharmacology, Society, Human Behavior3
HL203Personal Health and First Aid3
HU201Humanities I3
HU202Humanities II3
ACT159Team/Individual Sports2
HEE160Basketball Techniques2
AHAT210Prevention and of Athletic Injuries3
HEE220Introduction to Physical Education3
COA205Introduction to Coaching3
COA210Sports Officiating2
PSYX100Intro to Psychology3
PSYX230Developmental Psychology3
PSYX272Educational Psychology3
SOCI101Intro to Sociology3
Physical Education Activity Courses
Our Mission | EEO/AA | Contact Us | Site Map | Privacy Policy | Problems?
Dawson Community College | 300 College Drive | Glendive, Montana 59330
Phone: 1.406.377.3396 | Toll-Free: 1.800.821.8320 | Fax: 1.406.377.8132