The Engineering Technology program prepares students for employment in the growing technical fields associated with engineering, construction, oil-development, as well as power generation and transfer.
Upon successful completion of their plan of study, students will be able to:
- Communicate technical information, in both oral and written fashion, with members of the public as well as other technical professions.
- Evaluate technical documents and communications for accuracy and completion.
- Safely perform basic field-work, including accurate recording of actions taken in the field.
- Create and interpret basic scaled field diagrams and schematics.
- Manage financial and personnel resources for technical projects.
- Understand ethical responsibilities involved with the construction and engineering professions.
- Pursue employment opportunities as an engineering technician for many local industries.