This program is designed for the person who plans to return to the farm or ranch to pursue a career working in the livestock production industry. The curriculum stresses production techniques that can be applied immediately to the livestock enterprise. Basic academic courses are included to provide a well-rounded education.
Upon completion of the program a student will:
- Build a strong base of knowledge in the field of Agriculture
- Prepare students for entry level employment in public and private Agriculture-related organizations.
- Assist students in the development of critical thinking and problem-solving skills, and the ability to conceptualize ideas.
- Expose students to courses in computation, communication, and human relations, and will assist students in developing an understanding and appreciation for diversity, social responsibility and the participation in public affairs.
- Serve those students seeking a career in Agriculture by providing in-depth and practical skills-based exposure to general Agriculture.