POSITION: Assistant Women’s Softball Coach (Part-time)
ACCOUNTABLE TO: Head Coach
SUMMARY OF WORK:
Position is responsible for assisting the head coach with day-to-day coaching tasks for the DCC softball program, such as practice and competition procedures. The position requires an ability to recruit and motivate college student athletes to maximum performance on the athletic field, in the classroom and in the community. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Recruiting – Assist in all aspects of planning and directing the recruitment of student athletes who demonstrate the desire to excel in academics and athletics.
- Team preparation – Assist in training, teaching and conditioning student athletes in preparation for contests. Assist in the planning and supervision of practices, preparation of game strategies and coaching the team during contests.
- Student Athlete Welfare – Help oversee the concerns of student athletes both on and off the field of competition. This includes assisting in the monitoring the academic performance and furthering the success of the team in meeting academic and eligibility criteria. Responsible for behavior and appearance of the student athletes and managers under his/her direction while they are representing the College.
- Administrative Responsibilities – Responsible for a wide variety of administrative tasks including, but not limited to assisting with recruiting logs, calendars, rosters and other various reports for NJCAA compliance related issues.
- Community Service – Participate in community relations’ activities with the athletes as a team effort to promote the sport of women’s softball.
- Generation of Revenue – Take part in annual fundraising activities to assist women’s softball.
- Two years of prior coaching experience preferred
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, Internet and Email
- Excellent organization and time management skills are necessary
- Ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast paced environment
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
COMPLETED APPLICATION PACKET MUST INCLUDE:
- Completed Dawson Community College application
- Current resume
- Cover Letter
- Three professional references (names, addresses, and phone numbers).
INQUIRIES MAY BE DIRECTED TO:
Human Resources Department
Qualified protected class individuals are encouraged to apply. Dawson Community College must comply with the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986. If hired, you will be required to provide documents to show your identity and authorization to work.
Nondiscrimination Policy: Pursuant to title VI of the Civil Rights Act, Title IX of the Education Amendment, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act, Executive Order 11246 as amended, Vietnam Era and Disabled Veterans Act, as amended, and the Montana State Human Rights Act, Dawson Community College has a policy of nondiscrimination in employment practices and in admissions, access to and conduct of educational programs and activities. Discrimination is prohibited on the basis of race, sex, color, national origin, religion, age, handicap, or marital status or parental status. Any student, employee, or applicant for admission or employment may file a discrimination grievance. Inquires or grievances should be directed to the Equal Opportunity Director or phone 1-406-377-3396.