Emergency Assistance Application- https://www.dawson.edu/emergency-assistance.html
The CARES Emergency Grant at DCC provides emergency financial assistance to eligible students who are experiencing hardship that could adversely affect their educational success. Funds are intended to cover a student's expenses related to the disruption of campus operations due to the Coronavirus (COVID-19). The main criteria for a grant are the demonstration of a genuine need and that the capacity for continued study may be in jeopardy due to financial hardship. Applicants may have to provide documentation supporting the need if requested.
Who is Eligible for the DCC Emergency CARES Grant?
- A student must meet all criteria listed to qualify:
- Must be a degree-seeking student.
- Must have been enrolled as of March 13th in the Spring 2020 semester.
- Must be eligible to receive Title IV aid; see Title IV Eligibility Criteria (Basic Eligibility Criteria for Federal Student Aid).
- Enrollment was impacted by COVID-19 and have expenses incurred for housing, food, course materials, technology, healthcare, or childcare.
- Must have submitted 2019-2020 FAFSA if applying for Spring 2020 or Summer 2020;
- Must not be enrolled in a fully online program.
Who is Not Eligible for the DCC Emergency CARES Grant?
- Students enrolled in a non-degree program.
- Students enrolled in only non-credit or life enrichment courses.
- Students that are enrolled in dual and/or concurrent courses.
- Students enrolled exclusively in an online program on or before March 13, 2020.
- International students.
The funds must be used to cover expenses related to the disruption of campus operations due to the coronavirus that have impacted a student's educational experience, including the allowable expenses listed below.
Examples of emergencies include, but are not limited to:
- Housing, such as having to move off-campus due to campus disruption
- Course materials
- Health care
- Child care
- Technology-related expenses, such as having to buy a computer when the student's courses are moved online
- Transportation, such as having to fly home because of campus disruption
- Other (you will be asked to provide a detailed explanation of your emergency)
How much funding is available?
Award amounts are from $50 to $500, depending on each student’s expense and need.
After their application has been reviewed, students will be notified about grant eligibility through their DCC email accounts. CARES Act grants will be disbursed to students in the order they are processed while funds last. Funds will be disbursed via a mailed check to the address on the application.
If you have questions, please contact the Special Circumstances Review team by email at email@example.com. Questions can be asked directly via email, or a student can leave their phone number to request a call from our Special Circumstances Response Team.mount of funding requested
Emergency Assitance Application- https://www.dawson.edu/emergency-assistance.html