TITLE Admissions Specialist
DIVISION Administrative Affairs
DEPARTMENT Enrollment Management
STATUS Fulltime/ Classified 12 month position/
SUPERVISION RECEIVED Director of Enrollment Management
SUPERVISION EXERCISED Supervision of all work study students through face-to-face interactions.
JOB SUMMARY The Admissions Specialist is responsible for implementing and enforcing the policies of admissions as established by Dawson Community College. Maintains and organizes an office conducive to efficiency and productivity. First line of contact with students, other employees and the public; makes them feel welcome; and provides prompt service or appropriate referrals.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides excellent customer service to all DCC stakeholders, internal and external.
- Serve as the first point of contact for all main office visitors; and all incoming calls referring to other units as necessary.
- Responsible for all incoming mail, and distribution to every department; prepares out bound mail; sorts and groups all dorm mail for distribution by physical plant director; and receives outbound letters and packages to be mailed; ensures that mail to be sent is properly addressed with adequate postage and ready to be mailed for daily delivery.
- Be aware of and assists with processing for all programs offered by DCC ( RevUp, ABE, Big Sky Pathways, Perkins, Dual Enrollment).
- Assists with student alert systems to notify students of campus events.
- Takes minutes at meetings as directed.
- Assists Financial Aid with work study timecards compilation.
- Provides assistance and backup as necessary to Financial Aid, Enrollment Management, and Business Office and Foundation personnel.
- Processes all applications for admissions and student housing, and maintain files in Banner, Admissions Database, Excel documents etc. Maintain a database and files of all applications.
- Manages in all respects the admission applications, by following up with prospective and current students via mail, email, social media etc.
- Prepares files and ensures data accuracy and file integrity for academic department reviews.
- Adheres to DCC admissions and residency policies and is informed of MUS admission and residency policies and how they interact with DCC policies.
- Reviews residency appeals and makes determination based on documentation provided.
- Maintains awareness of the transfer students and their status when making applications.
- Maintains services and provides information to students and other interested people regarding the college’s admission policies and programs.
- Maintains admissions information (in conjunction with IT Department) on the DCC website.
- Reviews all high school transcripts/credentials for fraudulent or ‘diploma mill’ generated documents.
- Conducts periodic audits and quality control assessments on admissions data and applicant files.
- Maintains confidentiality of security sensitive data and information, requiring a holistic institutional perspective and good judgment.
- Works with Student Services to track housing applications as part of full application packet.
- Other duties as assigned.
As an Enrollment Management Team member:
- Serves as the Enrollment Management Committee Secretary.
- Serves as a back-up for the enrollment specialist with campus tours, enrollment management activities, online student registration etc.
- Shares information from database and filing system with Enrollment Management team.
- Shares admission trends with Enrollment Management team.
- Provides the Enrollment Management Director with annual budget recommendations.
- Completes daily tasks and special projects for Enrollment Management Director, as assigned.
- Coordinates social media events and updates social media as to current student and DCC activities.
- Helps take minutes in committee meetings for the Vice President of Administration and the Enrollment Management Director.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Serves as Dual Enrollment Advisor
- Tracks Dual Enrollment student data, compile and maintain all information related to Dual Enrollment including student applications, school contract, syllabi and other documentation required by state and accreditation authorities.
- Creates and maintains college current events, content and pictures on the college website and social media.
- Investigates, writes and discusses possible press/website/social media public interest stories with the Director of Enrollment Management to determine scope, deadlines, word counts and photo or other graphic possibilities.
- Strives to provide a consistent look and feel of all communications campus-wide (particularly recruiting and admissions) that matches marketing materials and college mission statement and core themes.
Position must be physically able to:
- read printed material and forms,
- operate a vehicle
- operate office equipment including a computer and phone for extended periods of time,
- sit at a desk for extended periods of time,
- use fine motor skills,
- reach with hands and arms,
- perform finger and hand dexterity,
- carry boxes up to 40lbs. and setup DCC displays without assistance
- use visual acuity, and
- exercise physical mobility.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Applicants must demonstrate that they meet the minimum requirements, as stated below.
- An Associate’s degree in Business, Communications or related field; or experience equivalent to the required degree
- Two to five years office experience
- Experience using Microsoft Word, Excel, Google
- Driver’s License Required
- Experience in an institution of higher learning.
- Bachelors’ degree in a related field.
- Advanced skills in writing or editing press releases and/or presentation materials.
- Skills in data research
COMPLETED APPLICATION PACKET MUST INCLUDE:
- Completed Dawson Community College application
- Current resume
- Cover Letter
- Copies of college transcripts (original transcripts required, if hired)
- Three professional references (names, addresses, and phone numbers)
INQUIRIES MAY BE DIRECTED TO:
Human Resources Department