POSITION TITLE: FACULTY– EDUCATION
DIVISION: Academic Affairs
STATUS: Full time, tenure track faculty
REPORTS TO: Vice President of Academic and Student Affairs
SUMMARY OF WORK:
Dawson Community College invites qualified candidates to apply for the full time position of Program Director within our Education Program. This full time faculty position is responsible for the overall organization, administration, assessment, course development, and student recruitment. In addition, the director is responsible for building industry relationships, and collaborating with local k-12 schools and four-year institutions. This person will serve as sole faculty for the program and will have oversight in selection and scheduling of Education courses. This person demonstrates the academic and professional qualifications and relevant experience in education required for providing effective leadership for the program and students. The Education Program Director will operate on a 9 month contract. Additional hours are possible between the months of June to August (i.e. workshops, workforce courses, etc.).
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for the ongoing development of the Early Childhood Education Program
- Responsible for the development of Elementary Education and Secondary Education Programs
- Review program curriculum and develop/adjust educational courses based upon need and use the Institutional Effectiveness System for appropriate approvals.
- Develop and update articulation agreements.
- Create and advise Education Club.
- Recommend and coordinate provisions for textbooks and course/lab materials.
- Ensure congruence of program policies and procedures with those of Dawson Community College.
- Ensure compliance with regulatory bodies including but not limited to Board of Trustees, Board of Regents and Northwest Accreditation.
- Follow an assessment plan as set out by the Vice President of Academic and Student Affairs and revise program goals/outcomes on an as needed basis.
- Collect and analyze program data; enrollment, graduation rates, employment, etc. for the purpose of program review.
- Provide administrative support for the program including student advising, recruitment of students, development of class schedules, staffing of adjuncts, and evaluation of instruction.
- Maintain an advising load consistent with overall number of students in the program.
- Participate in recruitment efforts of the program and work collaboratively with the marketing department to develop needed materials.
- Determine teaching responsibilities considering the various strengths of the program.
- Develop and maintain a listing of qualified adjunct personnel for the program.
- Receive semester course evaluations for each education course. Consult with Vice President of Academic and Student Affairs to make appropriate modifications.
- Teach courses in the program.
- Participate in regular professional development to improve teaching methods, remain current in Educational trends, maintain contacts in the field, etc.
- Supervise and facilitate internship experiences, student observations and encourage overall student professional development opportunities.
- Meet regularly with advisory committee for program improvement, potential credential programs, training needs, changes in industry, etc.
- Work with Vice President of Academic and Student Affairs to provide input into budget process, assure adequate resources are available and recommend needed equipment and supplies for program.
- Represent the Educational Program in the community and during campus events, and serve on appropriate committees.
- Maintain communication with students, alumni, administration, advisors, faculty, and external partners.
- Perform other related duties as the Vice President of Academic and Student Affairs may assign for the good of the College.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Personal Qualifications: Must have a minimum of five years of experience in an education related field as an educator. Have the ability to communicate effectively and build strong relationships with local high schools, industry, and community organizations. Have the motivation and desire to work independently, while also communicating with internal and external partners
Required Experience: Have experience in a variety of areas of teaching, with experience in educational theory and methodology, instructional design and curriculum development. In addition, have 3 to 5 years of experience education.
Required Educational Background: Must have a minimum of a Master’s Degree in Education or a Master’s Degree in Early Childhood Education from a US accredited institution. Ph.D. degree preferred.
COMPLETED APPLICATION PACKET MUST INCLUDE:
- Completed Dawson Community College application
- Current resume
- Cover Letter
- Copies of college transcripts (original transcripts required, if hired)
- Three professional references (names, addresses, and phone numbers).
INQUIRIES MAY BE DIRECTED TO:
Human Resources Department