POSITION TITLE: FACULTY– AGRIGULTURAL SCIENCE
DIVISION: Academic Affairs
STATUS: Full time, tenure track faculty
REPORTS TO: VICE PRESIDENT OF ACADEMIC AND STUDENT AFFAIRS ________________________________________________________________________
SUMMARY OF WORK:
Dawson Community College invites qualified candidates to apply for the full time position of Program Director within our Agriculture Program. This full time faculty position is responsible for the overall organization, administration, assessment, course development, and student recruitment of this newly revised degree program. In addition, the director is responsible for building industry relationships, and collaborating with local k-12 schools and four-year institutions. This person will serve as sole faculty for the program and will have oversight in selection and scheduling of agriculture courses. This person demonstrates the academic and professional qualifications and relevant experience in education required for providing effective leadership for the program and students. The Agriculture Program Director will operate on a 10 month contract. Additional overload hours are possible between the months of June and August (i.e. workshops, workforce courses, etc.).
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for the ongoing development of the Agriculture Program.
- Plan and implement a Ranch Horse and Livestock Judging team at DCC.
- Review program curriculum and develop/adjust educational courses based upon education and industry need and use the Institutional Effectiveness System for appropriate approvals.
- Recommend and coordinate provisions for textbooks and course/lab materials.
- Ensure congruence of program policies and procedures with those of Dawson Community College.
- Ensure compliance with regulatory bodies including but not limited to Board of Trustees, Board of Regents and Northwest Accreditation.
- Follow an Assessment plan as set out by the Vice President of Academic and Student Affairs and revise the program goals/outcomes on an as needed basis.
- Collect and analyze program data; enrollment, graduation rates, employment, etc. for the purpose of program review.
- Provide administrative support for the program including student advising, recruitment of students, development of class schedules, staffing of adjuncts, and evaluation of instruction.
- Teach courses in the program.
- Maintain an advising load consistent with overall number of students in the program.
- Develop and maintain a listing of qualified adjunct personnel for the program.
- Determine teaching responsibilities considering the various strengths of the program.
- Participate in recruitment efforts of the program and work collaboratively with the marketing department to develop needed materials.
- Receive semester course evaluations for each agriculture course. Consult with Vice President of Academic and Student Affairs to make appropriate modifications.
- Work with Vice President of Academic and Student Affairs to provide input into budget process, assure adequate resources are available and recommend needed equipment and supplies for the program.
- Supervise and facilitate internship experiences, student observations and encourage overall student professional development opportunities.
- Develop and update articulation agreements.
- Develop a quality hands-on learning lab to support learning and growth in animal science.
- Participate in regular professional development to improve teaching methods, remain current in educational and agricultural trends, maintain contacts in the field, etc.
- Meet regularly with advisory committee to facilitate communication in planning, program improvement, training needs, changes in industry, etc.
- Represent the Agriculture Program in the community and during campus events, and serve on appropriate committees.
- Maintain communication with students, administration, advisors, faculty, and external partners.
- Advise DCC agriculture club(s) and team(s)
- Perform other related duties as the Vice President of Academic and Student Affairs may assign for the good of the College.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Personal Qualifications: Have the ability to communicate effectively and build strong relationships with local high schools, industry, and community organizations. Have the motivation and desire to work independently, while also communicating with internal and external partners.
Required Experience: Have experience in a variety of areas of teaching, with experience in educational theory and methodology, instructional design and curriculum development. Furthermore, have experience with collegiate agricultural judging teams (e.g. Livestock Judging, Rodeo and Equine). In addition, have 3 to 5 years of experience in the agriculture industry or related area.
Required Educational Background: Must have a minimum of a Master’s Degree in an Agriculture related field from an accredited institution. Ph.D. degree preferred.
COMPLETED APPLICATION PACKET MUST INCLUDE:
- Completed Dawson Community College application
- Current resume
- Cover Letter
- Copies of college transcripts (original transcripts required, if hired)
- Three professional references (names, addresses, and phone numbers).
INQUIRIES MAY BE DIRECTED TO:
Human Resources Department