TITLE: Temporary Summer – Custodian
DIVISION: Residential Education and Student Life
DEPARTMENT: Academic and Student Affairs
STATUS: Student Employee, Temporary, Hourly, Non-Classified
SUPERVISION RECEIVED: Director of Residential Education and Student Life
SUPERVISION EXERCISED None
Nature of Work: This position performs skilled manual labor duties requiring attention to cleanliness and safety of buildings. Position works mainly indoors during the summer; occasionally works outdoors to clean around residence halls. Maintains confidentiality of sensitive information. This position helps the housing department at Dawson Community College prepare our apartment units for the return of students in the fall.
Personal Contacts: Frequent contact with students, staff and community members on campus.
Essential Functions: Position requires ability to: work independently, follow list of tasks, and clean 35 apartment units. Position requires minor lifting. Ability to be in contact with cleaning agents. Position requires visual acuity to inspect designated areas, record keeping skills and ability to communicate.
DCC values professionalism in its employees. The following attributes and behaviors are identified as examples of what is expected of an employee:
- Work effectively with colleagues and students by practicing punctuality and respect for deadlines.
- Build trusting relationships by acting with integrity, courtesy, and responsibility, even in the face of stress or demanding workplace conditions.
- Maintain strict confidentiality with all fiscal, human, and labor relation information.
- Dress appropriately for a workplace with frequent customer service interaction and community outreach.
- Meet all required standards of confidentiality and safety. Maintain work areas in a clean and orderly manner.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
The above knowledge, skills and abilities are typically acquired through a combination of education and experience equivalent to:
- Experience in custodial and basic maintenance work.
- Ability to maintain professionalism and adhere to strict confidentiality.
- Preferred: High School Transcript
JOB PERFORMANCE STANDARDS:
- Evaluation of this position will be based primarily upon performance of the preceding requirements and duties. Examples of job performance criteria include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Performs assigned duties.
- Capably cleans and sanitizes assigned areas.
- Follows safety precautions in dealing with equipment and chemicals.
- Maintains confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Maintains accurate and timely records.
- Deals tactfully and courteously with the public.
- Observes work hours; demonstrates punctuality.
- Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with fellow employees, supervisors and the public.
COMPLETED APPLICATION PACKET MUST INCLUDE:
- Completed Dawson Community College application
- Current resume
- Cover Letter
- Three professional references (names, addresses, and phone numbers).
INQUIRIES MAY BE DIRECTED TO:
Human Resources Department