TITLE: Temporary Non-Classified Hourly: Enrollment Management Specialist – Recruiting
DIVISION: Academic and Student Affairs
DEPARTMENT: Enrollment Management
STATUS: Either 1 temporary full-time or 2 temporary part time (up to 20 hours per week)
SUPERVISION RECEIVED: Director of Enrollment Management
SUPERVISION EXERCISED: None
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Main Office (.2)
- Provide excellent customer service to all DCC stakeholders, internal and external.
- Help set up orientation for Fall 2017
- Give tours
- Serve as a back-up for the admissions specialist with all admissions and student housing applications.
- Assist the Enrollment Management Coordinator with daily tasks such as extracting data and student information from databases, help with daily projects and other administrative duties as assigned
- Take photographs of activities in the classroom and outside of the classroom to use for marketing purposes
- Serve as the first point of contact for all emails that come to [email protected]
- Update and mails our letters to current and prospective students
- and maintains all enrollment management student mailing and emailing (i.e. parent letters; dual enrollment letters, advance registration/orientation schedules etc), and emails
- Contact current and prospective students via email/phone calls/letters
- All other related duties as assigned
DCC values professionalism in its employees. The following attributes and behaviors are identified as examples of what is expected of an employee:
- Work effectively with colleagues and students by practicing punctuality and respect for deadlines.
- Build trusting relationships by acting with integrity, courtesy, and responsibility, even in the face of stress or demanding workplace conditions.
- Maintain strict confidentiality with all fiscal, human, and labor relation information.
- Dress appropriately for a workplace with frequent customer service interaction and community outreach.
- Meet all required standards of confidentiality and safety. Maintain work areas in a clean and orderly manner.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
The above knowledge, skills, and abilities are typically acquired through a combination education, or a combination of some higher education and experience equivalent to:
- Successful experience in customer service related environment.
- Ability to engage the public with openness.
- Experience using Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Must have a working knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet and database use or the willingness to gain necessary skills.
An AA/AS/AAS degree or combination of education and experience
Conditions are generally those of a typical office environment, requiring frequent oral and online communication with college personnel, prospective students and parents and media and the ability to enter data and written communications in electronic format in a timely manner. The position requires regular travel, which may occasionally be under late night and poor weather conditions. Must have a valid driver’s license and vehicle or reliable transportation.
COMPLETED APPLICATION PACKET MUST INCLUDE:
- Completed Dawson Community College application
- Current resume
- Cover Letter
- Copies of college transcripts (original transcripts required, if hired)
- Three professional references (names, addresses, and phone numbers).
INQUIRIES MAY BE DIRECTED TO:
Human Resources Department