POSITION: Exempt, Full Time, 12 months, Assistant Director of Recruiting
DIVISION: Academic and Student Affairs
SUPERVISION RECEIVED: Enrollment Management Director
SUPERVISION EXERCISED: Enrollment Management Specialists: Recruiting, Student Employees
SUMMARY OF WORK: The Assistant Director of Recruiting provides assistance to the Enrollment Management Director in providing vision, leadership, and implementation for enrollment services. The Assistant Director leads his/her team in providing prospective students with a seamless integrated service experience that is efficient and effective in a manner that is student-centered and reflective of the College’s mission and values. Under the supervision of the Enrollment Management Director, the Assistant Director works collaboratively with the Director of Financial Aid, the Registrar, members of the faculty, and the Athletics Department to create a shared commitment to enrollment goals and active participation in accomplishing the Colleges’ strategic initiatives.
JOB CHARACTERISTICS AND AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
Nature of Work: Serve our potential students, community and colleagues and articulate the value of the College’s residential, education experience to different types of people in large groups or individually. This position performs duties, which require attention to detail, accuracy, and timeliness. In addition to regular working hours, the Assistant Director will conduct view days, travel for college tours, high school visits, and to visit with non-traditional prospective students and support counselors/career advisors. This position will require frequent overnight travel days as well as evenings and weekends to perform job functions.
Personal Contacts: The Assistant Director engages regularly with prospective students, parents, high school teachers and counselors, the Office of the Commissioner of Higher Educations and the Office of Public Instruction officials. Extensive contact with the local and regional media, including but not limited to television, radio and newspaper personnel.
Supervision Received: The Assistant Director reports to the Enrollment Management Director. Position follows annual Enrollment Management and Marketing Plans as directed by the Enrollment Management Director.
Supervision Exercised: Provides supervision of enrollment management specialists – recruiting, student ambassadors, and departmental work studies.
Essential Functions: This position requires the ability to: communicate orally and in writing; read written material; adhere to written policies and procedures for all recruiting, and retention activities; recruit students; and coordinate college events. Position must be physically able to operate a vehicle; flexibility to travel and be away from campus for up to three weeks at a time; sit and stand for long periods of time; carry advertising/recruiting materials weighing approximately 25 pounds; set up exhibits; move and haul advertising and recruiting displays; lift up to 30 pounds; fine motor skills for a computer and cameras; reach with hands and arms; perform finger and hand dexterity; use visual acuity; and be mobile. Employee must have a valid driver’s license and be able to drive for long periods of time during morning, day and after dark; and in all seasons of Montana’s weather.
AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY AND PERFORMANCE
- Seek and cultivate qualified prospective students.
- Serve as the primary contact for prospective students through the admissions and initial enrollment process.
- Assist in the development, implementation and evaluation of effective recruitment strategies and tactics in order to meet designated enrollment goals.
- Maintain continuous flow of quality applicants by analyzing trends in enrollment and marketing activities, leading activities to continue programs that are effective; presenting new strategies for The College’s recruitment and admission activities.
- Maintain an active and aggressive schedule of recruiting events and visitations.
- Maintains an active suspect and prospect list and collects data pertinent to the prospective student database.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of advertising and recruiting materials.
- Implement a seamless follow-up on all prospects and develop effective relationships with the area businesses and education community, ensuring high visibility for the programs and DCC at large.
- Meet enrollment goals for the target recruitment area.
- Work evenings and weekends as required to promote DCC during community events, business events, and after school events.
- Possess strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively in writing and public speaking.
- Work with high school counselors and teachers to foster relationships and recruiting opportunities.
- Work with community leaders and business owners to foster relationships and recruiting opportunities.
- Identify and offer Enrollment Scholarships to prospective and admitted students. Target specific groups of students for recruitment as assigned (ex. Dual enrollment, non-traditional, traditional etc.).
- Manage the Recruiting budget and assists in the development of the Enrollment Department’s budget.
- Support The College’s mission and core values as a contributing member of the community.
- Manage the Admissions staff.
- Performs other related duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree required
- One year full-time work experience in recruiting, sales, or marketing
- Maintain high level of professionalism and confidentiality.
- Maintain sensitivity, understanding, and respect for a diverse academic environment, inclusive of students, faculty, and staff of varying social, economic, cultural, ideological, and ethnic backgrounds.
- Ability to travel locally and regionally
- Must be able to take initiative and work independently as well as part of a team
- Valid Montana driver’s license
- Master’s degree
- Two years recruiting and public relations experience
- Experience in a higher education setting, counseling, or sales environment
.COMPLETED APPLICATION PACKET MUST INCLUDE:
- Completed Dawson Community College application
- Current resume
- Cover Letter
- Copies of college transcripts
- Three professional references (names, addresses, and phone numbers).
INQUIRIES MAY BE DIRECTED TO:
Human Resources Department