TITLE: Enrollment Management Specialist: Student Success Specialist
DIVISION: Academic and Student Affairs
DEPARTMENT: Enrollment Management
STATUS: Full Time, Classified
SUPERVISION RECEIVED: Director of Enrollment Management
SUPERVISION EXERCISED: Student Employees
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Student Success Specialists make a difference in students’ daily lives by helping them obtain the education they need to succeed in their careers. The Student Success Specialist will work extensively with students to identify and evaluate students’ goals, ensure enrollment requirements are met, and establish proper expectations.
In addition, the Student Success Specialist generates excitement, builds rapport, and empowers students to take their next steps. Student Success Specialists also provide outstanding student service by answering questions, mitigating concerns, providing program information, and monitoring students’ progress throughout the enrollment process. A successful Student Success Specialist is expected to meet goals that are based on established benchmarks across various metrics and will collaborate with other DCC staff to serve students. Student Success Specialists utilize multiple systems to accurately track and report all student activity and progress.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintain a positive and influential attitude with all students, colleagues, faculty and DCC departments.
- Collaborate with and work closely with Enrollment Management Specialists. Academic Coordinator, Residence Halls and Student Life.
- Work closely with and support the success of students through regular meetings, workshops, information sessions, advisement and other related activities.
- Provide support to all students connecting them with program advisor/faculty, coaches, and other service areas as requested.
- Contact and follow up proactively with prospective students via telephone, email and other forms of communication.
- Provide walk-in support to all prospective students.
- Manage student applications throughout the enrollment process using best practices, i.e., follow-up appointments, managing multiple priorities and meeting deadlines.
- Collaborate with Enrollment Services staff, Student Life and Advising Coordinator to perfect the Admissions funnel. Track students and predict outcomes.
- Follow up with students who did not complete their program at DCC and recruit back to DCC.
- Establish proper expectations regarding the student experience and DCC’s culture.
- Evaluate students’ academic goals to ensure goals align with degree program selection.
- Resolve students’ questions and concerns throughout their enrollment process.
- Guide students in fulfilling program requirements.
- Maintain a current understanding of industry needs and degree programs.
- Remain compliant with standards, guidelines, and policies as set forth by DCC and the U.S. Department of Education.
- Lead all enrollment management events set forth by Enrollment Management, such as Buccaneer Days, Advance Registration Days, and Freshmen Awareness etc.
- Create, manage, and project budgets for Enrollment Management events. Monitor the assigned budget to ensure fiscal accountability.
- Review and implement all functions of recruitment, such email, mail, constant contact, etc.
- Assist with projects and events evaluation, reports and enrollment grant applications as needed.
- Hire, supervise, and lead student workers and student ambassadors.
- Work with IT to create and maintain a web based resource of all prospective student contacts.
- Provide assistance to other areas of the department as needed, e.g., processing admission applications, collecting student payments, helping with enrollment etc.
- Participate with committee structure as directed.
- Define work schedule with supervisor. Hours include some evenings and weekends.
- Passion for helping individuals improve their quality of life through education.
- Adaptable to change in a fast-paced environment and ability to adjust priorities as circumstances dictate.
- Receptive to feedback and coaching.
- General knowledge of college admissions processes gained through enrolling in a DCC setting or recruiting experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must have basic computer skills, including experience working with Microsoft Office programs, navigating multiple software programs simultaneously, and managing high volumes of phone calls and emails.
- Aptitude to quickly learn new technologies such as Microsoft Office, email clients, telephony systems, etc.
- Experience or willingness to work with adult learners in a on-campus and distance-learning environment.
- Highly proficient analytical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Ability to complete assigned duties in an organized and detailed fashion.
- Take initiative to assist and support others.
- Collaborative and cooperative attitude when working with coworkers and students.
- Well-developed sense of integrity and commitment to student satisfaction.
DCC values professionalism in its employees. The following attributes and behaviors are identified as examples of what is expected of an employee:
- Work effectively with colleagues and students by practicing punctuality and respect for deadlines.
- Build trusting relationships by acting with integrity, courtesy, and responsibility, even in the face of stress or demanding workplace conditions.
- Maintain strict confidentiality with all fiscal, human, and labor relation information.
- Dress appropriately for a workplace with frequent customer service interaction and community outreach.
- Meet all required standards of confidentiality and safety. Maintain work areas in a clean and orderly manner.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
The above knowledge, skills, and abilities are typically acquired through a combination education, or a combination of some higher education and experience equivalent to:
- Bachelor’s degree or combination of experience and education.
- Experience in higher education, customer service, sales, recruitment or enrollment management.
- Ability to engage the public and create positive relationships.
- Experience using Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Working knowledge of word processing, spreadsheets and database use or willingness to gain necessary skills.
- Valid Montana Driver’s License
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 2 + years of experience in sales, customer service, recruitment or enrollment management.
- Experience in Higher Education
COMPLETED APPLICATION PACKET MUST INCLUDE:
- Completed Dawson Community College application
- Current resume
- Cover Letter
- Copies of college transcripts (original transcripts required, if hired)
- Three professional references (names, addresses, and phone numbers).
INQUIRIES MAY BE DIRECTED TO:
Human Resources Department