BOARD POLICY BP 5-0
APPROVED: October 27, 2014
EFFECTIVE: October 27, 2014
REFERENCES: Mont. Code Ann. 17-6-202, Legal opinion regarding investments from Dawson County Attorney Rieger (Letter on Investment of College Funds)
The President shall protect, maintain, and manage the risks of Dawson Community College assets. Accordingly, the President shall:
- Minimize exposure of the organization, its Board, or employees to claims of liability;
- Receive, process, or disburse funds and use state resources under controls that can be successfully audited;
- Safeguard the organization’s public image and credibility to further the accomplishment of the College mission;
- Provide adequate protection against theft and casualty;
- Establish disaster and emergency management plans;
- Reasonably maintain college facilities and equipment;
- Manage college funds to meet the daily cash flow demands of the college and conform to all state and local statutes governing the investment of public funds while providing maximum security; and
- Periodically review the college’s insurance policies to assure the extent of coverage is adequate and meets any legal requirements.
SCOPE: This policy applies to Dawson Community College
PROCEDURES: The President shall promulgate procedures to implement this policy.