If you hear an alarm or an administrator tells you to evacuate, evacuate immediately.
- DO NOT HESITATE. Do not take any personal belongings with you.
- Facilitate an orderly evacuation of the building or area.
- DO NOT USE ELEVATORS DURING A FIRE OR AFTER AN EARTHQUAKE.
- Assist those requiring assistance during the evacuation (children, persons with disabilities, etc.).
- When possible, close doors as you leave the room or office. Do not lock inside doors.
- Follow the evacuation route outlined on the map posted in your classroom or office.
- Walk quickly to the nearest exit and alert others to do the same.
- MOVE AT LEAST 500 FEET AWAY FROM THE BUILDING(S) TO A SAFE AREA.
- Wait quietly and calmly. Ensure that evacuees group at designated assembly points.
- Make sure no one is missing from your area.
- If anyone is missing, notify emergency personnel.
- Give official information and directions as soon as possible.
- DO NOT INTERFERE WITH EMERGENCY VEHICLES OR STAFF.
- DO NOT BLOCK FIRE LANES OR FIRE HYDRANTS.
- DO NOT RE-ENTER THE BUILDING(S) FOR ANY REASON UNTIL INSTRUCTED TO DO SO BY EMERGENCY PERSONNEL OR CAMPUS ADMINISTRATION.
- Stay in place until an “all clear” is issued by emergency personnel or administration.
Possible Evacuation Assembly Sites (If necessary):
For the Main Building:
- Outside: Upper Main Parking Lot
- Inside: DCC gym and/or Toepke Center gym
- Good Weather: DCC Baseball Complex
- Bad Weather: To Be Announced
All contracted events on campus must follow and comply with Dawson Community College Evacuation Procedures and supply contracted security for those events.