The authority to declare a campus state of emergency rests with the College President or designee as follows:
1. The President, or designee, will monitor the situation and determine campus closure. The President will confer with Administrative staff regarding possible events occurring on campus, and will make the decision of how to close the campus effectively to the public.
2. The President, or designee, will decide whether the campus is closed for classes for the following:
3. Depending on the emergency, the President, or designee, may choose to activate the response team, who will notify essential personnel.
4. Upon receiving notification of closure, a notification message will be sent stating the safety concern
5. If necessary, the response team will direct people to a secure route out of the buildings.
6. Closed campus means all classes and activities are canceled.
7. All personnel and students should monitor their email accounts for announcements with information as to when the campus will be reopened.
8. Students are responsible for their own safety and class performance. We are here to assist them with that responsibility.
9. To find out about closures at off-site courses, check the Dawson Community College Web site or local media.