Dawson Community College will make reasonable accommodations for persons with documented disabilities. Students should notify the Director of Student Support Services (located in the Academic Support Center, in the Library) and their instructors of any special needs. It is the student’s responsibility to notify both Student Support Services and instructors as soon as possible.
- Testing Accommodations
- Note takers
- Books on Tape
- Private testing rooms for eligible students
Students with disabilities who request accommodations must:
- Register with the Student Support Services office as soon as possible.
It is the student’s responsibility to initiate the request for services
- Students who are requesting accommodations must provide documentation of their disability from medical or psychological professionals.
- be current; usually within the previous three years.
- include a specific diagnosis.
- include actual test scores.