Call 911 immediately and notify campus administration as soon as possible.
- Provide details of the incident. Glendive Police/Dawson Co. Sheriff’s Department will direct emergency responders to the victim.
- Try to determine severity and extent of injuries to the victim.
- Obtain first aid kits.
- Use rubber gloves to handle victim (available in the first aid kits).
- Treat only life threatening injuries.
- Avoid washing areas where bodily fluids may provide evidence.
- Move the victim (if possible) to a comfortable setting (private office).
- DO NOT leave the victim alone, assign an assistant; provide emotional support.
- Gently discourage the victim from washing until seen by a doctor.
- Offer the victim care and first aid, but avoid destroying any evidence.
- Assign someone to meet and guide emergency responders to the victim.
- Take notes of any information the victim is willing to offer.