Any behavior which interferes with the welfare or educational opportunities of others at DCC will be unacceptable.
- If you are concerned about the safety of yourself or others, call 911 Immediately
- Evacuate from the danger area
- If there is no immediate danger, ask the disruptive student to leave the classroom or building.
- Notify Student Services 377-9400 and Instructional Services 377-9406 immediately
- A formal discipline process will be initiated (please refer to student handbook for more information).
- The College will notify the student of discipline sanctions and if they are allowed to return to class.
- If the safety of others is jeopardized, suspension and immediate action will be put into place.
- Talk to the student and identify the inappropriate behavior
- Tell the individual to stop
- If the behavior does not stop, ask the student to leave.
- Notify Student Services and/or Police
- Write a descriptive report of what happened. Include information such as time, date, witnesses, specific disruptive behavior, and any conversation that took place.