College is a time of personal growth and changes. It is exciting and rewarding and can sometimes be overwhelming. Dawson Community College seeks to encourage students to develop their unique potential and understands that students might encounter difficult situations that could impede their academic, personal, and social progress. It’s not always about academics! Reasons for seeking help might include:
- Support for emotional and personal concerns
- Coping with stress and anxiety
- Adjusting to school and life changes
- Overcoming academic barriers to success
We have established the following mental health resources for our students.
Want to meet with someone off-campus? Thriving Campus is an online referral platform to help connect students to mental health care providers and specialists in their campus and home communities.
*Fees for service will apply.
In emergency situations, students should call 9-1-1 or go to the nearest Emergency Room.
Additional Crisis Resources:
- Crisis Text Line- Text “Help” to 741-741
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline 1-800-273-TALK (8255)
- Domestic and Sexual Violence Helpline (406) 752-7273
- Montana Crisis Recovery Hotline (M-F, 10am to 10pm) 1-877-503-0833
- LGBTQ+ Crisis Support The Trevor Project 1-866-488-7386
- Veteran Crisis Line 1-800-273-8255
- ULifeline offers free mental health online screening for depression, anxiety, eating disorders and alcohol and substance misuse.
- About Active Minds: Active Minds is the nation’s leading nonprofit organization supporting mental health awareness and education for young adults.
DCC Online Mental Health and Wellness Support
- Health and Wellness App: You@Dawson – https://you.dawson.edu/
- *Mental Health Literacy & Suicide Prevention Training for students: Kognito At-Risk* https://mus.kognito.com/
- Kognito At-Risk is a 45-minute, web-based training simulation module to train students, faculty, and staff in recognizing signs of mental health issues, distress, and suicide, as well as how to communicate with and refer at-risk students. The module can be accessed from home or office and completed at their convenience. Go to the KognitoCampus website, and create an account. The enrollment key for faculty/staff dawsonemployer and the enrollment key for students is dawsonstudents .
- Thriving Campus
*Use college email to create an account. Enrollment key: dawsonstudents