The Adult Basic and Literacy Education program (ABLE) offers a flexible program to meet the varied needs of students requiring basic skills and career assistance. Students set their goals, work at their own pace and receive lots of encouragement and praise.
The ABEL program, supports students as they:
- Attain their HiSET/GED
- Transition to college or technical programs
- Improve their employment prospects with career coaching
Let’s Get Started!
To be part of the ABLE program you are required to attend an orientation which helps you in at least 5 important ways:
- Evaluation: The pretest administered during the Orientation can help you discover which subjects you need to study.
- Instruction: Based on your pretest the HiSET tutor will organize your studies and guide you in your preparation for the specific HiSET tests.
- Practice: Your tutor can give you practice tests similar to the HiSET. These will help you get a better idea about what to expect during the HiSET tests.
- Readiness for the HiSET testing: Your HiSET instructor can help you determine readiness to take and pass the official HiSET tests.
- Preparation for Career Training: The basic skill instruction delivered by HiSET tutors will assist you in developing skills needed to continue career training after you’ve earned your HiSET.
To schedule a appointment contact: Jane Wynne Coordinator/Instructor for Adult Education & Institutional Testing (406) 377-9448. or online.
(High School Equivalency Test)
The GED is now HiSET in Montana.
At least two weeks in advance of a test date we encourage you to create an account.
Once you have an account contact the HiSET Test Administrator, Tami Johnson, by phone 406-377-9465 or online with additional questions.
The HiSET exam is made up of five subject tests:
- Mathematics (90 min./50 multiple choice questions)
- Language arts: reading (65 min./40 multiple choice questions)
- Language arts: writing ( Part 1 – 75 min/50 multiple choice questions, Part 2 – 45 min/1 essay prompt)
- Science (80 min./50 multiple choice questions)
- Social studies (70 min./50 multiple choice questions)
|2016||Paper Test||Computer Test|