TRiO Student Support Services (SSS) is a federally funded program designed to increase persistence, graduation, transfer to four-year schools and academic standing of disadvantaged college students.
To be eligible for the SSS program a student must be:
- Low income
- First generation (neither parent or guardian has a bachelor’s degree)
- have a documented physical or learning disability
Services: All services provided are FREE!
- Professional tutoring
- Academic advising
- Career Information and Planning
- Private testing rooms for qualified students
- Personal advising/counseling
- Additional Financial Support for students with sufficient need
- Laptop computer check out program
- Financial literacy information (see Cash Course Website)
- Help filling out financial aid forms
- Student advocacy
- Non-traditional student services
- Disability services, learn more about disability accommodation.
Non-traditional Student Services
Single parents, displaced homemakers, single pregnant women, and non-traditional students are provided with support services and a resource center to help ease the adjustment to college life. Off-campus referrals to community support agencies are provided for more in-depth needs.