Dawson Community College is dedicated to providing quality and affordable education to veterans and their families. We are not the VA but a liaison between the student, college and VA.

Benefits description by chapter:

  • Chapter 30 Montgomery GI Bill ® Active Duty
  • Chapter 31 Vocational Rehabilitation
  • Chapter 33 Post 9/11 GI Bill ® (Includes Transfer of Eligibility) / Fry Scholarship
  • Chapter 35 Dependents Education Assistance
  • Chapter 1606 Montgomery GI Bill ® Reservist or National Guard / 1607 - REAP

Applying for VA Education Benefits

For Veterans, family members, a candidate for the National Call to Service Program, or if you are changing schools apply for VA education benefits:

  • Veterans will need to provide start and end dates for their military service and all applicants will need to provide their bank account and routing number for direct deposit.
  • Follow the directions on the website, if you have problems contact the VA Coordinator.
  • Complete the selected form. (Write down confirmation information)
  • After the application is completed, the VA will notify you of the status.
  • (Chapter 33 ONLY) You will need to provide a copy of the Certificate Of Eligibility (COE) to the VETS Office, and we need to have a copy on file dated within one year from the start of each semester; otherwise, we cannot give the VA estimated credit to help pay/finalize your bill. We recommend turning in a COE every time the VA sends a new one.


Submit your military transcripts:

  • Click “Register” under “Register to use this system” at the top of the page and complete registration.
  • At the top of the main page, click Transcript.
  • Click on Official Transcript Request. (Electronic)
  • Search “Montana.”
  • In the search results, find Dawson Community College.

Apply for Federal Financial Aid:

  • We advise students to apply for FAFSA even if you are not planning to accept loans.
  • You will need your tax return information for the previous two tax years.
  • You are NOT required to accept federal financial aid if you apply. Keep in mind, if you accept a financial aid student loan package, you will still be required to pay it back later.

Tuition Assistance (TA):

  • The Accounts Receivable Office is your Point Of Contact (POC) to process payments at DCC.
  • The Montana Army National Guard Education Center is your POC for TA process questions.
  • TA CANNOT be used for the same classes you use Chapter 1606 benefits for.

Contact Information

You must complete the Education Benefit Certification Request form and initial and sign the Important Requirements and Guidelines every semester for which you intend to use VA education benefits.

Please refer to your "Summary of Educational Benefits" supplied by the VA or call the VA at (888) 442-4551 for a complete understanding of your educational benefits.

Contact the VA coordinator with any questions or concerns.

Anti-Discrimination Policy